Friday, August 29, 2008

Skunks and Storms

The other night we had a huge storm I woke up to the thunder and lightening and noticed a horrible smell, it smelled like skunk!!. It stung my nose it was sooo bad. I covered my nose and tried to go back to sleep. When I awoke I asked Paul if he could smell skunk he said no and he has a pretty good sniffer. Now we live in the city and although there is a golf course behind us it has a canal to separate us. We have occasionally had a whiff of a skunk but nothing like this. I got home later that day and there were some messsages on my machine. One was from our neighbor, Lori. She appolgized for the commotion from 1 am to 3 am that the dog was making. Apparently a SKUNK had gotten in their back yard and the dog got it cornered by their door in the back yard. It sprayed and sprayed and sprayed the house the dog and everything. They finally were able in the rain etc to use the 10 foot pole for the pool and edge it out of the backyard and out the gate. She said it was just awful the house was yellow from the spray. Needless to say they have been very busy deskinking things these last few days. And I'm not crazy!! Whew!

2 comments:

jessica said...

oh my that is so weird!!!! good thing it was next door how was your surgery by the way hope everything is well

Dior said...

GROSS, UM Did you already have yur surgery? Call me about that.