Saturday, August 2, 2008

A hard lesson learned

I just want to say a few words about trips with adult children.
Remember once children come back into the home they regress to their previous behaviors. I don't think they even realize it. I for one am guilty of this.
We went to California this week and had a great time and for the most part it was great. We went to the horse races at Del Mar, shopping, eating out the beach and ahem.. Disneyland. Now I like Disneyland like once every 5 years but I have a daughter that if they had a suite available she would move into it. She by the way is an adult.
Anyways we went to Disneyland for the day and she had made plans to stay an extra day with her girlfriend. Who she was going to stay with and hang out at Disneyland would bring her back the next day after they spent another day at Disneyland. Needless to say guess what I did the next day. Drove the husband and son to the golf course 40 min from the hotel, picked up daughter at hotel, drove to Disneyland an hour and a half away and then back to hotel. I had a half hour rest then to the golf course to pick up the men. Lets see I was on the road about 5 hours. The adult daughter got back to the hotel at 3 AM the next day. I have a difficult time sleeping in a different place waiting for kids to return etc.It was a absolute horrible experience . Lets just say.. It will not happen again. I consider it a valuable lesson that I learned the hard way.

5 comments:

Dior said...

Hee hee, You forgot to mention the funny stuff. By the way check my blog out a new funny thing aydan said.

Meghan and Sean Green said...

hey - that did seem like a busy vacay. i have never been to disneyland, is it fun as an adullt?

AprilF said...

You are a FAB-O mom!! Everyone deserves one like you.

{Morgan Burt} said...

Please, Disneyland rocks at any age. I already have plans on going for Halloween and you already agreed to make my Tinkerbell costume!

Rosemary said...

Sorry dear no tinkerbell costume for you! You will have to make it yourself!